Glamis railway station served the village of Glamis, Angus, Scotland, from 1838 to 1956 on the Newtyle, Eassie and Glamiss Railway.

History

The station opened on 4 June 1838 by the Newtyle, Eassie and Glamiss Railway. It closed on 4 July 1846 but reopened on 2 August 1848. To the south was a goods yard, which may have been built on the old station site. The signal box was at the west end of the eastbound platform. The station closed on 11 June 1956.[1][2]

References

  1. ^ Quick, M E (2002). Railway passenger stations in England, Scotland and Wales - a chronology. Richmond: Railway and Canal Historical Society. p. 195. OCLC 931112387.
  2. ^ Butt, R.V.J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations. Yeovil: Patrick Stephens Ltd. p. 103. ISBN 1-85260-508-1. R508.
Preceding station   Disused railways   Following station
Eassie
Line and station closed
  Caledonian Railway
Left arrow Newtyle and Glammis Railway
Scottish Midland Junction Railway Right arrow
  Forfar
Line and station closed

56°37′40″N 3°01′04″W / 56.6277°N 3.0178°W / 56.6277; -3.0178


No tags for this post.