Millersville_University_Old_Main.jpg (349 × 285 pixels, file size: 27 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Summary
Description | Old Main, originally constructed as The Academy Building, served as the administration offices, classrooms, dining hall, library, dormitory and chapel. The original building was built in 1854 with many additions over the years. Chapel and additional story to tower built with a new 1000-pound bell hung in tower in 1875. The Chapel was dedicated 8 April 1875. In 1892 extension of 65 feet to wing of ladies’ building authorized. Installation of stained glass windows was begun in 1905. In 1965 the college began the razing of Old Main to make way for a new library. |
---|---|
Author or copyright owner |
Original work: Millersville University Special Collections Depiction: J.R.Belice |
Source (WP:NFCC#4) | http://blogs.millersville.edu/archivesandspecialcollections/archives/mu-history/buildings-and-landmarks/ |
Date of publication | Original work: Unknown Depiction: 10/9/15 |
Use in article (WP:NFCC#7) | Millersville University of Pennsylvania |
Purpose of use in article (WP:NFCC#8) | To support encyclopedic discussion of this work in this article. The illustration is specifically needed to support the following point(s): The image is a picture of the original building known as "Old Main" at Millersville University |
Not replaceable with free media because (WP:NFCC#1) |
n.a. |
Minimal use (WP:NFCC#3) | Image only supports historical reference in opening. |
Respect for commercial opportunities (WP:NFCC#2) |
n.a. |
Other information | The image was created and published by the same author who also holds the rights to the original object, and no alternative depiction could be suitably created. |
Fair useFair use of copyrighted material in the context of Millersville University of Pennsylvania//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Millersville_University_Old_Main.jpgtrue |
Licensing
File history
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
Date/Time | Thumbnail | Dimensions | User | Comment | |
---|---|---|---|---|---|
current | 06:38, 29 November 2017 | ![]() | 349 × 285 (27 KB) | Theo's Little Bot (talk | contribs) | Reduce size of non-free image (BOT - disable) |
21:47, 9 October 2015 | No thumbnail | 419 × 343 (40 KB) | Happyhans89 (talk | contribs) | Uploading a depiction of a non-free 3D artwork using File Upload Wizard |
You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage
The following page uses this file: