HMS Tees was a Conway-class 28-gun sixth rate post ship, launched in Bideford in 1817. She was used as the "Mariners' Church" permanently moored in St Georges Dock, Liverpool, from 1827 until she sank on 6 June 1872.[1]

References

  1. ^ "Local and General". Leeds Mercury. No. 10660. Leeds. 10 June 1872.

Bibliography

  • Rif Winfield. British Warships in the Age of Sail 1793–1817: Design, Construction, Careers and Fates. 2nd edition, Seaforth Publishing, 2008. ISBN 978-1-84415-717-4.
  • Liverpool: Churches, in A History of the County of Lancaster: Volume 4, ed. William Farrer and J Brownbill (London, 1911), pp. 43–52. British History Online http://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/lancs/vol4/pp43-52.


No tags for this post.