Massasoit Fire House No. 5 is a historic former fire station located in Fall River, Massachusetts.

The building was designed by Boston architects Hartwell & Swasey and was built in 1873. This same firm also designed several other extant fire stations in Fall River during this period, including the Quequechan No. 1, Anawan No. 6 and Pocasset Firehouse No. 7.[2] The building was originally designed to also contain a police station.

The firehouse was built to serve the Globe Village section of the city. It has since been replaced by the Globe/Kosior Fire Station on Globe Street.[3]

It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. It now contains residential apartments.

See also

References


No tags for this post.